Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sun putting its weight on Dojo AJAX

According to TheServerSide, Sun is putting its AJAX bet on Dojo. When I started looking, around August last year, to include AJAX technology into the school management system pet project my wife and I were working on, I decided to use DWR because it seemed easier to work with. Even now, it has resisted trying to be the "AJAX everything including the kitchen sink" by keeping its focus on AJAX remoting alone. With a lot of web sites showing improved usability due to AJAX widgets, a limited AJAX library might eventually lose out to one that integrates AJAX remoting seamlessly with AJAX widgets. We, for one, would love to have an AJAX calendar or timetable for the school management system project. I will definitely give Dojo a serious second look.

No comments: